Monday, July 23, 2012

Presley's big girl room.

So I decided that it was time to finally get Presley's new room together.  After all, she is turning two next month AND her little sister will be here soon!  She is still perfectly fine in her crib but I didn't want to do too much transitioning at once so we decided now was the perfect time.  Bryan's mom is now in town at the beach house through the summer to be here for Presley's birthday and Willow's birth and the weeks following.  We shipped her down for the weekend so we could get it all put together.  It is impossible to paint or do anything for that matter with a sticky fingers toddler running around ;)  I have been picking up things over the last few weeks because I have been on a budget and I'm cheap too!  LOL!!  We decided to turn the old playroom into Presley's big girl room, make Presley's room Willow's room, and Bryan still has his office so it works out perfect!  That's why he tells me no more kids!  He's not giving up his office!  LOL! I decided to get some organizers for Presley's closet so that the toys would be somewhat organized and not cluttering up the room (I HATE CLUTTER)!!

First we painted.  Here is the room before and the walls were a very neutral but more of a pinkish tone..I thought it was a pretty color but it would've blended too much with the furniture I bought.  You can see the wall color..very neutral.

So to get rid of all this clutter, I bought some nice storage organizers off Craigslist (My Favorite) for $15!  I also found those Hello Kitty storage organizers at Target 75% off.  If  you know Presley, you know she's obsessed with cats!  
This closet combined with our master closet used to be the fifth bedroom so it is actually quite large and holds A LOT of toys!  What you don't see is the chaos in the closet!!  LOL!!  But it's perfect because it's big enough for Presley to walk in and pick out what she wants to drag out.  I do like it for that reason because it holds so many things.
I bought Presley's furniture off Craigslist for $300 for the whole set!  What a STEAL!  I thought it was gorgeous and totally fit with Presley's personality.  Very girly and princess like.
So yes I got the bed, gorgeous dresser and mirror, and the nightstand.  It is very solid and sturdy which is what I loved.  I didn't want any flimsy cheap crap that wouldn't hold up.  I also got the curtains on sale at Lowes for a steal.  I think they were around $10 a panel and oh yes the curtain rod came with the furniture.  It matches perfectly.  
I then painted this old ugly white shelf that used to be in the pool bathroom green.  I love it and it just turned out so cute.  I went to Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago and they had all artwork and lamps 50% off so I got this paining for Presley's room and one for Willow's room and I also got each one of them a lamp for around $45!  
The one thing I splurged on was the bedding because I fell in LOVE and knew that it would be perfect.  I wasn't sure how the white would contrast with the ivory furniture but I thought it was cute!  When I say splurge I actually got it on sale ;)    I also love thrifting and I found those little paintings hanging for $5 for all.  I thought they were too cute.  
All in all, I did her room just the way I wanted and for very in-expensive.  I was super proud of all the great deals I found.  It took months to get it all but was so worth it.  I even used paint that I already had..this is the color of my formal living/dining room.  I think my super cheap habits paid off ;)  Ha!!

She definitely loves her new room and was so excited when she finally saw it :)  She keeps running in her new room and saying "my new bed mommy"!  It's been a struggle for her to actually lie there and go to sleep but we're making it.  I think once the newness wears off, she will be just fine :)  





1 comment:

  1. I love her new, big girl room! I can't wait to see Miss Willow's nursery.

    ReplyDelete