Friday, March 30, 2012
Struggling.
I have been struggling a lot lately with relationships in my life. It has really just been eating away at me more than anything. Everything has just gone to hell and a hand-basket really. I feel like it is literally one of the hardest things I have ever had to go through emotionally and what makes is harder..unless you have been in this kind of delicate situation..it is hard to understand. It is an situation that is so much easier said than done. For now, I don't have a relationship at all with my mom and it is just eating away at me. I have talked to several people and I think I am going to seek out an Al-anon meeting. I think it will help me to understand more about alcoholism and just how critical the disease is. And yes, alcoholism is a disease. I am hoping it will help me to maybe take a less angry approach and try to understand it more and understand the complexity of it. This is something I have been dealing with for years and I am ready to talk about it with others whom understand and have been in similar situations. I really don't know what I want to gain from it. Or even if I will gain anything at all. I have a very best friend who has offered to go with me and who has been in almost my exact situation. Here's to hoping it will help me to recover from the effects of everything that has been going or at least give me a sense of peace that I am not the only one going through this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Mom goes to Al-anon and it has helped her SO much. I really hope it helps you too!
ReplyDeleteWhen I feel frustration I often turn to a bible verse that really helps me, it's 1 Corinthians 13:4-7. You probably have heard of it but in the moment or anytime I am having a hard time I recite this to myself and by the time I get to the end things are put into perspective for me. I hope it helps you too and I hope you find peace with your mom.
ReplyDelete"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." (NIV)