On a positive note, I am throwing Presley's first birthday party Saturday! I am thrilled! Our families aren't able to come but my friends here will be coming with their families and little ones. We are doing a lemonade themed party and it is going to be adorable! We did a little shindig the other night for Pres at my mom's house but needless to say, she was not in to the cupcakes..she smeared it on her knees and kept crawling. I said surely she was switched at birth, that can not be my child! Mama would've woofed it down! I am hoping things will be different at her actual party. She will be confined to her highchair with a big ole smash cake right in front of her..surely she will taste it! Anyways, I am still breastfeeding and slowly trying to wean. I have offered her whole milk a couple of times and she spits it right out. I know I know you are supposed to wait a year but are 2 weeks really going to make a difference? Nonetheless, she is still breastfeeding and eating a lot! The girl loves to chow! Some of her favorite foods are sweet peas, carrots, bananas, strawberries, watermelon, blueberries, string cheese, veggie chips and goldfish! She eats what we eat and makes sure that we never miss a meal ;) Mommy's little porker, that's for sure!
I know I know I seem boring because all I do is go on and on and on about Presley. It amazes me everyday just how much smarter Presley becomes. She now recognizes Bryan and I, waves bye bye, says uh-oh all the time, climbs up on top of the fireplace, eats random particles off the floor, loves to harass the dogs, and oh yea did I mention she is somewhat of a bully? Watch out, cause she will steal your snacks! Anyways, she is on a great routine..sleeping about 12-14 hours a night, and taking a long nap in the afternoon. Did I mention she always has toothpaste in her hand..you know most babies have like a blanket or paci or something they are like attached to.. well my daughter takes her elmo toothpaste everywhere. It is a good thing she loves to brush those toothies!
Anyways, yep i'm about as boring as I sound. Nothing new going on lately... I spend my days with Presley, cooking meals, chauffeuring the princess around all over town, cleaning, doing laundry, and school. I told myself I would not let having a child stop me from finishing school or anything for that matter. I am not giving myself a break until I graduate..which can't come soon enough. This past weekend my my mom was in town closing on her house so we spent the weekend relaxing at the beach and shopping. Presley still loves the beach. The girl is fearless, that's for sure!
And by the way, in case you were wondering, yes I take pictures everyday and record new videos every other day. Bryan's parents are living out in Seattle right now and are truly dedicated. They don't want to miss a single moment of her existence..can you blame them?! I am truly one lucky girl to have such amazing inlaws and such great grandparents to their little 'Bean"
Hope everyone is doing fantastic :)









I am cracking up over the Elmo toothpaste! So cute!
ReplyDelete