Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day 11- Letter to a deceased person you wish you could talk to.







Muvie, you  were the most beautiful person I have ever met on the inside and out...you were hands-down one of the most genuine and sincere people I have ever known.  You were the best grandmother to me and Cody and we both have aways looked up to you and Boochie so much.  Muvie, there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of you and I wish so badly I could see you one last time and just give you a kiss on the cheek.  I have so many memories of us.  I can remember being a little girl and always coming to your house and drinking grape soda on the porch and eating fudge pops and klondike bars.  Those were always my favorites and you always had a freezer full.  You would always sit me in your lap and tell me nursery rhymes and stories of when you were a little girl..my favorite of all was 'Little Orphan Annie'.  I can remember always making Boochie play school with me when I was at y'all's house.  There was a little flag back in the bedroom and I can remember making him say the Pledge.  Hehe.  I tortured the both of you with many hours of 'school'.  I could always come to you about anything that was ever bothering me and you always gave the best advice.  Throughout all the years I never ever heard you say one negative or mean thing about anyone.  I loved that about you!  You were an amazing woman!  I can remember being in the 3rd grade and you took me to get a perm one day after school and it was horrible!  I remember leaving there crying and I swear I looked like Cory on Boy Meets World.  Hehe!  For some reason you loved for me to have a perm.  You were definitley the glue that held the family together throughout the years.  You didn't like to see anyone fight or argue.  You were such a wonderful mother, grandmother, great-grandmother and even great-great grandmother.  I have always admired your strength.  You were the first employee of Henry General Hospital, I think that is so impressive! :)  We never went anywhere where someone didn't know you or recognize you.  You were a highly respected and admired woman.  Before I left for the military I can remember you telling me I would make a great Colonel some day.  I'm sorry I didn't make it that far but I finished my enlistment and that was enough for me. ;)  I remember I told you the day I got married and you said 'what the hell are you thinking' hehe (first time I ever heard you cuss)  you called me later that day to apologize.  I caught you a little off guard  hehe.  You were so happy for me and you just loved Bryan!  (Who couldn't) :)  I missed a lot while being gone.  I wasn't able to see you as much but we still talked several times a week.  You got very sick very quick and I was not expecting it to all happen so fast.  I remember flying home for a few days because your health had greatly detoriated.  You were not the same Muvie I had once knew and I knew deep down in my heart I wouldn't see you again.  I spent the week with you at Piedmont and you just wanted me to brush your teeth and help you wash yourself off.  You and me just shared stories and you told me how much you loved me and how proud you were of me.  I wish I could have stayed longer but I had to go.  About a month later I called and you didn't remember who I was.  I knew you were sick but I had just found out I was pregnant and I wanted to share the news with you.  Shortly after I miscarried you died a few days later.  That was definitely one of the saddest points in my life.  I felt like two of the things that meant the most were taken away.  I wanted nothing more than to have one last moment with you, one last hug and one last kiss.  I wanted to badly to be there for you.  I know now you are in a wonderful place and at peace.  I wish you could meet Presley.  I know she would love you.  She is so beautiful and I am so thankful I have such wonderful stories of you to share with her one day.  I have taken her to see Boochie several times and he just loves her so much.  He just holds her and rocks her..I know you were probably looking down from above and smiling.  When you were very sick you gave my dad a book of several things you wrote to me and I often read it.  My favorite thing you wrote to me is 'to always be faithful to your family.  faithful to you friends. do not be vindictive.'  You are so amazing Muvie and I could not have asked for a more loving and wonderful grandmother.  I love you so much and I can't wait to see your smiling beautiful face again one day but for now I hope you continue to watch over my family and watch over Presley.  Love you :) 
Forever and always,
Nicole or Coley :)

No comments:

Post a Comment