Monday, February 13, 2012

Time will tell.

Life has been a little hectic to say the least lately.  I've just been feeling overly emotional (good thing for my supportive hubby).  I guess that comes along with the territory of being pregnant.  Anyways, Bry has been a good sport about lifting me up and making me feel like everything is going to be alright.  On a really bright side, my mom called me today.  We have hardly spoke lately because we are just such different people.  She told me for the first time in about 15 years that she wanted to become sober.  I never thought I would hear those words come out of her mouth.  It has been on my mind all day long and all I can really hope is that she sticks with her guns and goes through with it.  What I have learned is that you can't change anyone, they have to want change for themselves.  I feel like she has finally hit rock bottom (maybe) and this is what she needs.  I really really really want her to have a good relationship with Presley.  Most importantly, I want for us to be able to have a good relationship and for me to be able to trust her with Presley.  I would love for nothing more than to be able to drop her off on a Friday night and tell my mom I will be back there Sunday morning to pick her up.  I just want to see her happy again and be capable of being the fun-loving person that I know she can be without having to depend on alcohol.  It's been a tough, long, and hard road trying to have a good relationship or any relationship at all with my family and I don't know if I will ever get to the point where I hoped we'd someday be but all I can hope for for now is that she reaches sobriety and takes better care of herself.  One of the reasons, I rarely drink is for that exact reason.  I vowed a long time ago that I would NEVER EVER allow Presley to see me in that state of mind.  Alcohol ruins relationships, marriages, and lives forever.  It is a depressant and no good EVER comes from it.  I pray from this point on, my mom has finally realized it is no good for her.  Time will tell.    Here's to a new beginning and hopefully a lot of positive changes.

1 comment:

  1. Aww I can't even imagine going through this with your Mom. My family went through it with my sister but with drugs (her and I still aren't close), and my Mom went through it with her Mom with alcohol. Addiction runs in our family :(, so I have always tried to be careful with how much I drink, and definitely don't drink often. I really hope that your Mom sticks to it, but I know how it can be, follow through isn't a strong suit for those in the throws of addiction. I will keep you all in my prayers. I really hope everything works out!

    ReplyDelete