Sunday, January 8, 2012

Woah! It has been too long!

Since I last blogged!!  Well the holidays came and went (thank God).  Honest to God, I was ready to take my tree down on Christmas night.  I was just over it after putting it up on Thanksgiving.  I wanted my house to be back orderly and things to be in their respective places..  Christmas was wonderful this year!  We spent the morning with my mom and stepdad and then headed to the beach to spend the remainder of the day with Bryan's family.  We had a nice Publix catered dinner which was delicious by the way!  No one believes in cooking in his family..(they say why expend the effort when we can just buy it LOL)  Regardless, it was delish!  Presley got a ton of stuff and really was only interested in the $5 Big Lots broom I bought her..go figure.  This year, she got a lot of educational toys, leapfrog and leappad reading stuff, color wonder stuff, princess chair, and oh goodness I bunch of stuff that I can't remember..heck I can't even remember what I did yesterday much less what Presley got two weeks ago so forgive me.  It is now all nicely piled into her playroom which is becoming far too cluttered for my taste but what can you do?!  I looked into getting some of those cube storage organizers but I'm not going to pay $50 for some cheap particle board when I can find a nice real one at a thrift store soon (hopefully)..That brings me to my next obsession..thrift store shopping!  I have become obsessed!  Wow I am in there far too much!  I recently bought some amazing mirrors, brand new micro-fiber chair, and tons of other cool things!  I LOVE it!  It's all about finding that amazing deal and making just like you want it!  Anyways the last few weeks off school have been nothing short of amazing but i'm ready to get back into the groove of things and start school back next week.

 I also just celebrated my 26 birthday (yes, i'm an old hag now)  haha only kidding!  We were supposed to have date night on Fri night but I was feeling under the weather so we just went to dinner with Presley and came home.  Sure enough, as soon as I got home, the throwing up, whole body aches, and chills began.  I was super sick but thank goodness Bryan was here to let me sleep it off and watch Pres.  I felt so much better today, thank goodness.  

January is a busy month!  I'll be heading to Georgia in two weeks to host a baby sprinkle for one of my most dear friends and one of my other best friends from the military is flying down to see me  the following week.  We are then going to head down to Disney and spend the weekend (kid-free) and have fun!!  Please pray for me though!  This will be the first time I have ever been away from her overnight so I am already starting to panic. She will be having a daddy/daughter weekend with her daddy so I know she's in good hands!  On top of that, hopefully full time classes won't kick my butt too hard this term.  

I have also joined a new playgroup and hopeful to meet some new friends/mommies to hang out with.  I have been weeding out the people that are negative in my life so I am hopeful to meet some people!  Bryan says i'm picky when it comes to friends..he says I tend to go for people who look exactly like me..not true at all!  Truth is, I am a little picky.  I sometimes pick a friend like I would a husband.  That's not so bad is it?!  Hey you want people to be similar, have similar goals, and most importantly someone who is going to bring value to your relationship by lifting you up and wanting the best for you..not someone who is always bringing negativity to the table.  I have 4 best friends and 3 of those 4 people I have known for a LONG time.  Only 1 lives here and will be moving away soon so it is important that I have a new best friend (I promise Rach, the new best friend won't replace you) :) to hang out with everyday (lol kidding) but it would be nice to be able to call someone and do fun things with or just meet at Starbucks for coffee.  Bryan keeps telling me that I will find good friends..it just takes time..so for now, I will focus on what is important and good friends will come in due time.

Wheww that was a lot of blogging and my hands are tired.  It may be from my lack of typing skills so please forgive me.  Hope everyone had a fabulous holiday season and as always, I hope all of my blogger friends and secret stalkers are doing well ;)


2 comments:

  1. I'm your not so secret stalker..hehe!! :) Love me some Nicole! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your new playgroup is nice! Sorry again that your best friend is leaving. :(

    ReplyDelete