Saturday, December 17, 2011

Another holiday

Another holiday that I haven't heard from my father.  I'm not surprised in the least.  I found out last week he is home from Guantanamo Bay for Christmas.  I sent him a Christmas card with pictures of Presley but i'm sure he probably just tossed it aside like everything else in his life.  Not going to lie when I think of the holidays and as time passes on, it makes me sad to know that he has made absolutely no effort to get to know his beautiful princess.  Bryan often reminds me that he is a useless douche bag but for some reason it is so hard to get past.  I don't know if it is hard because I have Presley and nothing hurts more knowing that he has nothing to do with her, doesn't know her birthday, or even her middle name.  It's just really sad.  Bryan is a man, he is a real man, a dedicated man, a LOYAL man, and puts his heart and soul into everything he does, including our family.  I always say this but I swear God couldn't have given me a better man.  He has really shown me what a real father is supposed to do and that a real man just doesn't get up and walk away from his family.  I know without a shadow of a doubt that Presley has a wonderful father who will stick by her side and will shower her with love forever and ever.  Just sometimes wish I had that with my own father.  Or I even wish I could hold a conversation with him sometimes.   I have my own family now and couldn't be more thankful.  I love Bryan, Presley and my mother and father in law more than words could ever describe.  I feel much closer with my husbands family than my own and am so thankful to have such positive and amazing people in my life.  People who are constantly lifting us up and helping us to better ourselves.  People who love us unconditionally regardless of the mistakes we make.  People who love our daughter to the moon and back and would do anything and everything in the world for her.  Yep, those people are Bryan's parents and family.  I love them and am so thankful for them.  I have just been doing a lot of deep thinking today and some soul searching lately.  Bryan and I were just talking today about how we want to raise Presley right and how he felt like his parents were such a wonderful influence in his life.  I just want for Bryan and I to be the best parents we can so she will always look up to us.  We WILL be a positive influence in her life and I always want her to know that she is loved by so many.  It won't matter if people don't want to be a part of her life, it is their loss.  

No comments:

Post a Comment