Thursday, September 29, 2011

Oh the changes.

Lots of changes in the Hackney household.  Bryan has been traveling a lot and I have been holding down the fort.  Everything is great.  I would lie if I said I wasn't stressed at all but all is well.  I feel like I have been running like a mad woman lately.  Between Presley, school, friends, laundry, housework, yardwork, and everything else in the mix I have been managing as best as possible.  I take finals next week and I can't wait to be done to have knocked down more credit hours!!  Oh I can't wait to graduate!  Anyways, my princess is just a growin'!  She is super dramatic these days and keeps me laughing!  Today we went to the park on the river right near our house and what does she do?  Kicks her shoe into the river..yes she did!  She kicked it slap into the river.  Oh my lord!  Her $40 pair of Striderites.  What did we do?  We waited by the shore for over an hour eating peanut butter crackers and waited for it to float back..oh my child!  LOL!  We saved the shoe, whew!  On a different note, Bryan is leaving again in a few days for another week and I am already getting sad but I know it is for good reason.  I was super bummed yesterday.  He got a second call back from the FBI and they wanted him to come in for another interview but he can't go because of course he will be out of town.  That has been a process that has been going on since Feb..I mean how long do they think people can wait?!  Oh well, what can you do.  That is the luck of the draw I guess.  He told me that there will be bigger and better opportunities come, I just have to give it time..so that is what I am going to do.

I am super excited for the upcoming holidays.  Presley has two costumes and I can't decide which one I want her to be.  I bought her Minnie Mouse which is super duper cute and very girly which is exactly what I like.  Today, my neighbor bought her this super cute pumpkin costume which would match my pumpkin shirt that I bought for Halloween!  Decisions Decisions ;)  Both are cute and I may just keep both because we have a Halloween themed birthday party next week anyway so I am thinking one costume for the party and one for Halloween!

Since Bryan has been gone more lately I have been trying to get back into working out a lot more.  So far, not good.  I have been going on jogs here and there with Pres when I can but let me tell you it is damn near impossible to work out when your playing single mommy.  I aspire to one day run a half-marathon.  I just for some reason can't get in the groove of training for one.  Right before I got pregnant with Presley, I was kinda training with my bff in the military and we were doing pretty dang good.  She came to see me shortly after I had Presley and we made it a goal to run one together in Feb which is when Pres would've been about 7 months old...well not a good idea when your a freaking milk machine.  It was way too painful to even think about running and by the time I was done running a short distance I was saturated.  Yumm!  Fast forward, Presley is a year old and I have absolutely no excuses and yet I still can't bring myself to start training.  Needless to say, I think I am going to start setting a goal for myself each week mile wise.  We shall see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment