Friday, September 30, 2011

Almost 5 years and still going strong.

So I can't believe our 5 year anniversary is coming up!!  Crazy that nearly 5 years ago, I eloped with the most wonderful man in Minot, North Dakota!  Man how time flies!!  Did I mention that we never told anyone we were planning or that we even got married!  Nope, we didn't even tell our parents!  To be honest we would have gotten married in a different state had the marriage licenses been different.  Most states you have to apply like 48 hours ahead of time in order to get married!  Wow!  Is that to prevent people from getting married Vegas Style? I guess it is to keep people from getting married in the midst of their drunken stooper to some stranger they don't even know!  Regardless, we were able to do it in Minot.  Did I mention we got married in blue jeans yes BLUE JEANS and we had no wedding rings.  SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!  Our wedding lasted a total of 5 minutes and it only cost about $60 total.  That was totally our kind of wedding.  Sweet, simple, and to the point which is exactly the type of people we are.  You wanna know the best part?  We had our wedding dinner at Denny's!  How romantic!  We even spent the night in dorm room in a TWIN bed at Minot, AFB watching Godzilla (most God awful movie ever) might I add!!  What a romantic wedding day!  Oh yes, we even ventured to Wally World that day too to buy the necessities..peanut butter, jelly, and bread!  Yes, I know we were living on the edge that day!  I will never forget that day :)  It was such a special day and to think we both woke up that morning and said to each other " you want to get married today "?  "Or do you want to wait until tomorrow "?  Truth of the matter is, we both knew we were deeply in love with each other and it didn't matter who approved or dis-approved, it didn't matter who was there or if anyone was there at all, and it didn't matter if we had some expensive pointless ensemble on and it surely didn't matter if I had a 2 karat diamond ring or no ring at all..all that mattered was that that we were there to look each other in the eyes with a lot of love,sincerity, and happiness and say "I do".   Almost 5 years later, our love for each other becomes stronger everyday and I am so thankful to have married such a wonderful man.  Love you, Bryan.

This picture was taken just a few weeks after we got married.  Probably our first picture taken together as a married couple.  Nope, we have absolutely NO pictures of our wedding day, only wonderful memories :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you guys! Glad that you have made it this far! I wish you many many more years of happiness!

    ReplyDelete