Thursday, January 10, 2013

Hello out there..

I have been a slacker about blogging lately..just busy and did I mention..busy.  Today well actually this whole week has been a downer week for me.  Today marks 8 months since my mom passed..  I hate every single 10th of every single month.  I dread it for weeks prior and the day of is always hard.  I always think to myself  "8 months ago, I found her" and I think about it all day..it consumes me.  Anyway, so yes rough week.  My birthday was last weekend and it was just sad not to hear from her or my dad (wasn't really expecting it but you know) it just hurts a little..  I just thought about last year how she bought me a Keurig for my birthday and how it was just so great to spend a birthday with her because I hadn't been able to in a long time because I was gone in the military.  I've been overly emotional lately.. I don't know quite what it is but life has been a little rough lately.  Cody and I were finally able to go together on Christmas Eve and spread my moms ashes where she requested.  It was peaceful and pretty that day.  They had been sitting in a box in my house for so long..I was finally able to let go and spread them.  I did save some.  There are a couple things I have in mind to do with them.  They say time heals everything....I surely hope so.  Thank goodness for Bryan and my girls.  I tell you what, Bryan has been my rock...when i'm having a hard day or I can't sleep, he is always there.  I love that man more than I could ever put into words..  My girls, they are just AMAZING.  Thank God for them!  My family is definitely my rock through the hard times.

24 Dec 12.  The beach was gorgeous.

Moms ashes.  It was truly a sad but happy moment because mom was finally where she wanted to be.



Enough about that, Christmas was good.  Cody was able to come spend some time with me and that was amazing.  Presley loves him so much!  He was so good with her!  They played, and played, and played.  It was nice to spend a holiday together and just hang out.  He is leaving soon for basic training and will be gone too :(  Makes me sad but he is moving toward a bright and promising future and I am so dang proud to be his big sister.  If there is one thing my mom always taught us, that was to always better ourselves so that we could always stand on our own two feet in the even something happened.  She always taught us to never depend on anyone.  So I am so proud of him for taking such a huge step to better himself and to become an independent man.  This proud big sister can't wait to see him graduate and be in his uniform..  Lots of changes, but positive changes in the right direction.

School starts back full-time for Bryan and I on Monday.  Whew, i'm a bit nervous but actually excited because the light is at the end of the tunnel..and besides I get paid to go..so it's a win win ;)  School has always been something that I did at night for a few hours after I put Presley to bed and now that both girls are on a pretty good routine and both go to bed pretty early I can start that back up.  I know, I may be a nerd but I'm looking forward to it.  Less time to think and more time to work toward that diploma baby!  So we are both actually kind of looking forward to it.

Ok well I must get to bed now..Bry's parents will be here bright and early.  They are visiting from Seattle and taking Presley for the weekend (i'm so excited)!  You know whats funny?  I keep thinking "wow, i'm only going to have one child this weekend"!!  It's going to be a breeze!  LOL!  I am looking forward to some much needed one on one time with my sweet Willow.  I don't get the alone time with her like I did with Presley and I am looking forward to doing some things, just Bryan, Willow, and myself :)   Hope y'all have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I know I've said it a few times before but if you ever need someone to talk to, I am here. I do not know personally how much hurt you have after losing your mom but I can only imagine how hard it is. You are an awesome mom, wife, and person and I know she is very proud of you! And don't let anyone tell you any different!

    Isn't having one kid so easy?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ashley :) OMG yes!! I was just thinking today how easy it is!! We have been able to go out and about and not worry about naps or anything..it has been amazing :)

    ReplyDelete