Tuesday, November 20, 2012

This and that.

It has been a while since I last blogged...it's been a little busy around here.  Willow is now 2 months old!  I can't believe it!  Time has been flying by..she is getting so big.  She is now smiling!  She often smiles at big sis!  Presley loves her and is so good with her.  I love them so much.  I don't know if it is the recent loss of my mom or what but I have such a deep appreciation for my girls and to be their mother...I just feel so lucky that God chose me to be their mother.  Speaking of which, the holidays are going to be difficult this year.  We spent last Thanksgiving and Christmas with my mom so i'm definitely sad this year.  I just have to remember to stay upbeat and positive though because I want it to be a good day for my girls.  Bryan is working both holidays this year but it's something that I am used to..I think in our 6 years of marriage, we have maybe got to spend 2 or maybe 3 holidays together but no pity party here..at least he has a job so we should be thankful for that.  Presley has been talking about Gammy Sue a lot lately.  I can't believe she remembers her to be so young.  She is always talking about how Gammy Sue is in Heaven now and we talk about it seems on a daily basis.  I'm just amazed at how smart she is and how much she does remember.  My mom definitely wasn't very healthy for a while before she died but she loved Presley more than anything in this world.  I know Presley knew that she was very much loved by Gammy Sue.  I recently did the Out of the Darkness Walk in honor of my mom.  It was an amazing turnout!  I had one friend drive up from Georgia to do it with me and 4 other friends from Jax that did it and it was truly amazing.  The weather couldn't have been more perfect..it was just all around amazing.
Gosh, I have been so busy I can't even remember what has been going on lately.  We have been busy.. I do know that.   I felt like for a while we were at the doctor everyday.  Between Willow's first few rough weeks and Presley's surgery thrown in the mix..I was feeling crazy.  Presley has recovered well I am happy to report!  Willow seems to be doing better as well (now that I have cut out a lot of foods and starving all the time)haha!  But hey it's worth it!
Christmas is right around the corner, I can't believe it!  I'm so excited to start decorating and do some Christmas shopping!  Yes, I am going to go Black Friday shopping but to just one store..my favorite Kohls!  I've already bought Presley is giant dollhouse that is freaking adorable and I know she is going to LOVE it!  I've bought Willow a couple small things.  I am excited, I can't wait to see Presley's face when she sees her cool gifts!  We're not going all out but the girls are definitely going to have a good Christmas!  We're excited!
I don't want my girls growing up and having the mentality that Christmas is all about gifts and materialistic things because it is definitely not.  I want there to be gifts of course but I want them to understand the true meaning of CHRISTmas which brings me to my next point which may be off topic but whatever.  I have been seeing so many posts lately about church and what have you.  My family does not go to church and I don't believe that going to church makes you a Christian.  In fact, those Christians who judge you for not going to church obviously aren't true Christians in the first place.  I don't have to step foot in those doors every Sunday to be a good person or have a relationship with the man upstairs.  We are teaching Presley the meaning of CHRISTmas and that is what matters.  I don't know if I will be blogging much until then but if not, I hope all my blogger friends and family have a wonderful Thanksgiving and a Very Merry Christmas!

Out of the Darkness Walk 2012.


No comments:

Post a Comment