Well as most of y'all know I was induced on Monday the 24th. I had hit my 40 week mark and my doctor does not allow anyone to go past 41 weeks if you want him to deliver. I decided to just go ahead and schedule my induction. 1. I think Willow was being stubborn like her sister. 2. Bryan's schedule is crazy so it was all around better that way. I went in around 7am on Monday morning. My doctor arrived around 9 to break my water and start the induction. I immediately started having contractions so I got up and walked around for a while and they started getting bad after about an hour. I got my epidural around noon. After that I felt great and Bryan and I just sat in the room and relaxed and waited. (P was with memaw for a few days). I was dilating pretty fast which was surprising to me. I just knew it would be another long day if it was anything like P's induction which lasted almost 20 hours. Around 4ish Bryan was super hungry so he went down the street to grab a sub. The nurse came in and I told her I was definitely starting to feel pressure. She checked me and said sure enough I was dilated to 9 and P's head was right there. Holy crap, it was fast! She called my doctor and I called Bryan and told him the great news. Around 445 everyone came into the room to prep for delivery. I started pushing around 5:10 or so and she was out at 5:20. She was 7lbs and 11oz and 19 inces longer. She was only a little bigger than P. She was beyond perfect and wasn't crying at all. It was the weirdest thing, she was so calm and just let the doctors do their thing. The doctors stitched me up, cleaned her up, cleaned up the room and everyone was out by 5:50 and I started breastfeeding. She latched wonderfully and is an awesome eater. She still hardly cries and is seriously so easy-going. The nurses were commenting on how calm she was. The first night in the hospital, she slept almost the entire night. The next day, the nurse told me I could leave that day if I wanted. I just had to wait 24 hours from the time she was born and she had to have at least 1 bowel movement. Well she had about 7 (lol) and breastfeeding was going so good and she was super healthy so we left the next day. She passed her hearing test, jaundice levels were great, she and I both got a set of shots, and everything about her was perfect. It was an awesome short but sweet experience. I really loved the hospital, all of my nurses, and of course my amazing doctor. I love my little Willow Lynn. She is an absolute perfect addition to our family. I love my girls oh so much! I am one lucky and blessed mama :-) I would go into more detail but man i'm tired!! It's time for this mama to go to bed.
Right after she was born and got done breastfeeding :)
Right before we went home as a family of four :-)
Congratulations! She is beautiful!
ReplyDelete